[Techtalk] Debian question

Terry Roy tech at futurecourse.com
Wed Oct 12 05:37:31 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

Back with a question.  I've managed to get everything set up. Using
latest stable dovecot and exim4 with dovecot set for imaps only.

However...I was looking at the error console in Thunderbird when I sent
some test e-mails and saw this message:

server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555

I'm using SSL connections.  I looked it up and see that it's related to
openssl.  So I'm guessing this is an openssl issue and not an exim
issue. Or both?

I've upgraded to all the latest packages in Debian as soon as I
installed it.   Google came up with lots of stuff but nothing I've read
so far really helped me understand what I need to do to fix it on the
server. Mozilla had this to say:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security:Renegotiation

which basically recommends upgrading software.  And I found some
discussion on Debian lists that indicates this has been addressed.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry