[Techtalk] can i use gmail like imap?

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Wed Oct 12 00:22:59 UTC 2011

Yes. See:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1668960&rd=1
<https://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1668960&rd=1>

The one caveat is that if you use gmail to send out mail for
me at domain.com, the "from" or "sender" header (I forget which) will look
like: me at domain.com (on behalf of me at gmail.com). So if you use
thunderbird or another mail client, make sure to use your domain.com
SMTP server. (That is, if you care. Sometimes you might not.)

Peace,
Michelle