[Techtalk] Women in Social Engineering

Gwen Morse gwen.morse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:11:25 UTC 2011

Lurker de-lurking

I listen to the social-engineer.org podcast. The most recent episode
(http://www.social-engineer.org/epidsode-27-no-hype-nlp-for-social-engineers/)
starts out discussing Neuro-lingustic Programming and segues into the
lack of female entries at the annual DefCon Social Engineering
security test.

It sounds like the Social Engineering guys are really interested in
finding female social engineers (both for the contest and just to know
about more women doing pen testing and the like).

They also have a link to an informal survey on the landing page.

If any ladies are planning on attending the next DefCon (or even
thinking about it) I think the Social Engineering guys would be
falling over themselves to give away slots in the test.

Gwen