[Techtalk] Home server - Where to start?

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Fri May 6 01:29:44 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 6 May 2011 09:05:44 +1000, Kathryn Andersen
 <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Whatever you choose for a mailserver, *don't* use sendmail; it is
> really
> hard to configure.  I use Postfix myself, but that doesn't mean that
> Postfix is the only easy mailserver.

 I'm an old hat sendmail user for almost 25 years now.  Its easier to
 configure now than when we used to have right sendmail.cf files by hand.
 Oh the joys of mapping uucp address t

> If you want to set up webmail as well, I suggest Dovecot for the IMAP
> server and roundcube for the webmail - though Squirrelmail is also
> good
> for webmail, roundcube looks prettier (grin).

 I recently switched from squirrelmail to roundcube mail.  Its
 definitely more modern but there is one annoyance that is driving me
 batty.  In both, I installed plugins for list handling.  But for some
 bizarre reason, the roundcubemail plugin doesn't have a "reply to list"
 option.   It only has Help,  Subscribe,  Unsubscribe,  Post,  List
 Archive

--
 Kathryn Hogg
 http://womensfooty.com