[Techtalk] Linux mail clients?

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Sun Jan 23 22:37:03 UTC 2011

Hello, Carla,

As a refugee from Pegasus Mail I found a home with Sylpheed and then
Claws (basically the same) when I found that there was no real
equivalent to PM in the linux world. It does all that you need.

Attachments can be viewed easily, you can't send html but plugins will
let you view received html. It has basic template facilities,
you can create POP or IMAP or SMTP-only accounts. No database involved
for the address-book as far as I know (maybe XML). Does maildir with a
plugin.

My only complaint is that I sometimes lose all the plugins and have to
reinstall them over, no idea why that is.

Pity that Pegasus has never been ported to linux, I know people that
run it under Wine.

regards
Anne