[Techtalk] Linux mail clients?

Chris Wilson chris+linuxchix at aptivate.org
Sun Jan 23 11:35:10 UTC 2011

Hi Carla,

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Carla Schroder wrote:

> I'm currently testing Icedove (Thunderbird for non-Debian users) and
> Balsa. No Evolution for me, I don't need a groupware client that drags
> in buttloads of junk I don't use.
>
> I will give Trinity KDE a try when it's in distro repos. Any other
> suggestions? It seems like slim pickings. No I don't use Gmail and don't
> want to.

I got addicted to Pine while at university and I still use it 14 years
later. It's very lightweight, reliable and works over ssh even without -X
:)

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.