[Techtalk] automate reset wireless password

Meryll Larkin mll at alwanza.com
Thu Jun 10 19:26:31 UTC 2010

Before I hack my client's wireless router modem supplied by the Phone
company, I thought I should check to see if anyone on this list knows of an
existing solution, seems like something like this SHOULD exist.

My client owns a small non-corporate roadside internet cafe and controls
access to the wireless by providing a password to her customers.  She
changes the wireless WPA password manually ever week.  She would rather
supply 10 passwords and have the modem automatically change to the next one
at the end of the week - and have a script send her an email reminding her
of the new password.

She has full access to the network, it is her LAN, but it is the Phone
company's wireless modem router.

Do any of you know if a solution (hardware, software, or combination) for
something like this already exists, or do I hack into the modem and write a
perl script to automate changes?

TIA,
Meryll Larkin