[Techtalk] Fedora 13 woes

Kathryn Marks kathryn.linux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:27:42 UTC 2010

Hi ladies (and gents)

I'd really love to upgrade my desktop from Fedora 10 to Fedora 13.  I
downloaded the Live CD (64 bit KDE version, FWIW) and I'm not entirely sure
what happens.  It starts to boot, then my monitor goes blank and the power
button turns red, like it's lost the signal or something.  I'm assuming this
might have something to do with my video card (NVidia 9600GT).  I've not had
a problem booting off Live media before this.  I usually use that to do the
install.  I've burned multiple discs and they all have the same thing
happen, so I'm guessing it's not a bad burn.  The MD5 of my downloaded iso
matches what the Fedora people say it should be.

As far as system specs, it's an Intel Core2Quad on an ASRock mobo.  It was
built for me at a mom and pop type place here in Korea.

So where to start?  Imagine I know nothing...  it's not that far from the
truth.

--
~Kathryn