[Techtalk] media server hardware??

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Jun 2 14:16:34 UTC 2010

hey all,

I'm gearing up to assemble a nice little media server for myself. I want to
store music in FLAC and Ogg formats, and my movie collection goes in there
too. I think I have the software sorted out-- XMBC looks really nice, and
there are a lot of options for a streaming server so I can pipe all this
goodness into different rooms.

The part I am stuck on and nobody ever writes about is how do I connect my
little media server to my nice hi-fi system? I have an Onkyo 5.1 surround
receiver with a gillion inputs and outputs. Probably s/pdif for audio, but
what about my movies?

signed,

bewildered and confused
--