[Techtalk] apache2 and directory listings with capitalized names of files

adric at adric.net adric at adric.net
Thu Jan 14 19:41:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

Checking http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_autoindex.html it looks
like:

IndexOptions +IgnoreCase

might do what you want. Quoting;

IgnoreCase:
If this option is enabled, names are sorted in a case-insensitive manner.
For instance, if the sort order is ascending by name, and IgnoreCase is
enabled, file Zeta will be listed after file alfa (Note: file GAMMA will
always be listed before file gamma).

You'll have to use mod-autoindex module which they say is core, so it's
probably included with your apache2 binaries. A quick check shows that
this module is installed and enabled on a Debian Squeeze install of
apache2.

hth,
adric