[Techtalk] PHP vs Python

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Wed Apr 14 13:22:51 UTC 2010

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> I am currently neither a PHP nor a Python developer, but I'm a little
> curious about this study.  Are you comparing PHP and Python directly,
> or are you doing two unrelated studies, one on PHP, one on Python?
>
> It seems to me that PHP is almost exclusively used for coding
> websites, whereas Python is used in a much wider domain.  Python
> wouldn't be the first language to spring to mind if I wanted to
> implement a website.  So if you're comparing the two, it seems like an
> odd comparison.
>
> What do you guys think?  Are my impressions of the languages off?

I don't know. I'm far from being an expert in any of this stuff, but I
got the impression that much (most?) of the programming for Amazon and
Google uses python.

	- Miriam

--
If you don't have any failures then you're not trying hard enough.
  - Dr. Charles Elachi, director of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory