[Techtalk] Techtalk , Grub & Puppy (Sara LeWinter)

Eden K sudobooda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:03:24 UTC 2009

Hello,

I did a full disk install of Puppy Linux 4.0 on a Pentium II a few months
ago.  I had used Puppy's Universal Installer but I still to configure GRUB
in order for the system to boot.  After the install, the boot process
stopped during GRUB because it couldn't find the kernel.  I found
information here that helped me:

http://www.puppylinux.com/hard-puppy.htm  (about halfway down the page)

I used the same Live CD I used for the install to mount the hard drive and
fix the menu.lst file.
It took a few tries (because I was also trying to be fancy) but it was
doable.

There is also a nice thread about GRUB and booting on the Puppy forum here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=1598&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=48