[Techtalk] tls and mail server

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Tue Oct 27 22:59:32 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I am running cyrus/tls/ldap. The imaps connection is not working, but
the imap and smtp connections are:

ella:/var/log# testsaslauthd -u "test" -p "xxx" -s smtp
0: OK "Success."
ella:/var/log# testsaslauthd -u "test" -p "xxx" -s imaps
0: NO "authentication failed"
ella:/var/log# testsaslauthd -u "test" -p "xxx" -s imap
0: OK "Success."

I can't figure out why this would be. Weirdly, I can connect and check
my mail on 993, but trying to access sieve gives errors and times out,
and there are lots of these errors in the logs:

cyrus/imaps[18287]: Fatal error: tls_start_servertls() failed

Anybody have an idea where to check? In the meantime, I continue to
google and check config files...

thanks,
maria