[Techtalk] Dealing with allegedly respectable company who send spam

Jan rathgild at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:13:17 UTC 2009

I'd like some advice on how I can deal with a company who are sending spam
emails.  There is no means of unsubscribing on their messages and I have
emailed them as well as telephoning their head office to get my email removed
from their list.  I gave them my email as this was how they sent guarantee
documents for a camera I bought, but I specifically asked about their policy of
collecting emails for marketing purposes, and also told them that I did not
want any marketing emails.  Now I can't get them to stop bombarding me with
marketing emails.

Whilst I don't particularly want to do anything that will disrupt their
business I do want them realise that they are being annoying and would
appreciate any advice about how to proceed (ie can I get their marketing
domain on a spam blacklist and if so what steps to I need to take?)

Regards

Jan
Edinburgh