[Techtalk] Does asterisk need a modem card?

vtrucs vtrucs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:51:52 UTC 2009

Hi, all,

I'm about to plunge into the world of Asterisk and am already stymied.
My Dell box doesn't have a modem card, but I do have an ATA router:
InnoMedia MTA6328-2, an unlocked former Sunrocket gizmo.

Just to prevent the "@#$Q I needed -that- piece of hardware" blues three
or four days into setup, can anyone tell me if Asterisk needs a modem
card on the computer it's being set up on?   I remember setting up a
modem card was a nightmare on previous Linux installs, and am really
hoping the answer is no, but will get one if I have to.

Thanks in advance -

Vonda