[Techtalk] initrd woes

Ricardo Dalceno rddalceno at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 23:39:39 UTC 2009

Maria,

Try the Linux Terminal Server Project. They have some documentation that
will help you more then i will.
Unfortunately, there is a long time (about 9 years ) since I have built such
configurations.
I don't remember all the tricks but I'm almost sure that, maybe, you are
passing the wrong arguments to the kernel at boot time.
I think this '/root' is coming from the command-line boot arguments passed
to the kernel somewhere.
Anyway, when I built my terminal server with some terminals (100 diskless
pc's), I used the documentation at the LTSP as a guide only. I was not using
those tools or config sets.

Well... thats it...

Have fun ;-)

Ricardo 'j0k3r' Dalceno