[Techtalk] Default .jpg icon replaces thumbnail

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 16:30:19 UTC 2009

Hey there,

Anne Wainwright wrote:

> When viewing the CD's contents in Nautilus _some_ (but not all) of
> the picture icons (thumbnails) revert to a default .jpg icon, ie no
> thumbnail. The pictures open and display normally.

<SNIP>

> If I copy one of the 'no show' files from CD to the desktop, the
> thumbnail shows up fine.

<SNIP>

> Where does the thumbnail come from? Is it stored with the main
> image or does Nautilus generate it on the fly?

I think thumbnails are generated on the fly by the Desktop, and also
by the file manager. From your description, it sounds like your
Desktop is doing a fine job. As far as Nautilus, this page *might*
help:

http://ifireball.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/fixing-thumbnails-in-nautilus/

--
Little Girl