[Techtalk] Writing to CD-RW

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 00:34:51 UTC 2009

Hey there,

Anne Wainwright wrote:

> I see in Ubuntu udftools which seems to offer needed utilities. I
> further note that K3b appears to handle UDF but with no mention of
> packet writing, this is in the Wikipedia entry. but I find nothing
> on the K3b site, and anything I google (or bing) is either old
> and/or related to burning large files. In any case udftools appears
> to put one back at the command-line age, nothing wrong with that
> but nothing wrong with modern conveniences either.

Since you mentioned K3b, I took a look at my copy of it. I'm using
K3b 1.0.4 with KDE 3.5.10. In the quick shortcuts in the main window
there's a Further actions option. If I click that, there are a few
options that make me suspect it supports what you want to do:

* Continue Multisession Project
* Erase CD-RW...
* Format DVD+-RW...

It might be worth a try. (: