[Techtalk] mysterious pops driving me nuts--- OMG more!

R. Daneel Olivaw linuxchix at r-daneel.com
Tue Apr 14 23:03:31 UTC 2009

Hi !

That, in my experience, is a video card going too hot (I mean, it went
too hot and now it's broken).

Usually, graphics adaptor fan fails (cheap plastic axis), gpu heats till
it breaks and then ... you have that odd display (probably some sync
fails, or a clock signal gets jammed).

Else, it would mean your monitor is dead. Anyway, you just ssh into your
box, don't you ? ;p

bye and good night (1 Am here).

R. Daneel Olivaw,
The Human Robot Inside.