[Techtalk] An interesting little problem

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Apr 8 19:54:53 UTC 2009

> > Ha!
>
> that was a short for 'eureka !' ?

Indeed, it was.

> > > on a rational note : might it be that somehow (even if I haven't
> > > been using sylpheed (became sylpheed-claws, then claws-mail) in
> > > a long time) you have triggered a shortcut association for that
> > > key, a shortcut that seems to have no effect, but intercepting
> > > the key ?
> >
> > Yes! Thank you! I can only imagine the serendipitous confluence of
> > keystrokes that made it happen, but there it was: Copy, W. All
> > fixed now!
> >
> > <beam>
>
> Well, honestly, I wasn't expecting this to be the answer <grin>

And what's more, I've since worked out the sequence of events. See,
on the "work" PC, I use Thunderbird. And the keystroke in Thunderbird
to re-wrap is Alt-e, w. 8-) And even though my Claws is in Dutch,
Alt-E is still Bewerken/Edit; and the first thing on the menu that
drops down is Copy (and the w got assigned to it as a shortcut).
<shakes head> It's only a wonder it hasn't happened before...

> Funniest thing, I learned a new word : serendipitous :)

It's a good one, isn't it?

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, GWQTF RP4GD