[Techtalk] partitioning - pro, con

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Tue Oct 14 00:32:38 UTC 2008

Hi Gina,

Gina Feichtinger wrote:
> On 12.10.2008 2:51 Uhr, Miriam English wrote:
>> Anybody know of good arguments why I *should* or *should not* partition
>> the drive into a bunch of smaller areas?
>
> Hm, I haven't seen anybody speak up yet to this topic. Have you considered
> using LVM? You could start out with smaller logical volumes and increase
> them (and the filesystem residing on top of them) pretty easily, if not "on
> the fly" (depending on your OS and FS of choice).

I thought I knew what you meant until I looked it up online
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_volume
and
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/

This looks really interesting. Thanks Gina. It is going to take me a
while to digest all that info properly.

Best wishes,

	- Miriam

--
My time wasn't completely wasted last year.
I went on a 940 million kilometer journey.