[Techtalk] The Internet is my functional programming language

Sarah Newman newmans at sonic.net
Wed Nov 26 10:23:27 UTC 2008

My gut says to look at academia first.  If nobody has tried to do it,
have you considered starting a company? ;)

This could be an excellent, if rather ambitious, open source / community
project, somewhat comparable to Wikipedia or OpenStreetMap.

But on the back end you'd still be scraping 100 different protocols, at
least until it becomes a standard "standard".