[Techtalk] Unix program that sends email directly using MX record

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 21:17:11 UTC 2008

What Unix program sends email directly, using the MX record of the
recipient, instead of using sendmail or an installed MTA?

I realize I could tweak sendmail.cf/etc to do this, but that's not
working in my (fairly unusual) special situation.

I also realize that sending email directly is normally "bad", but I'm
testing something.