[Techtalk] Samba Domain member

Linda de Boer ldb at swmbo.ca
Thu Nov 6 19:33:23 UTC 2008

Gayathri Swaminathan wrote:

> Hi:
>
> If all Homer1, Homer2, Bart are in the same SAMBA domain, you are headed
> right direction. They should be able to see each other's shares/resources.
>
> Samba documentation is usually vivid. This one
> (http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/FastStart.html#id2549548)
> will help you further.
G'day Gayathri

Thanks very much, that reference clarified a few things. I had read the
Samba How-To, and referenced my books here. But had not quite found the
scenario I was looking for, and got a tad lost. It has so many wonderful
applications, especially when you have added LDAP and Kerberos to the mix.

I did finally get it to show me all the shares under one Domain last
night. Which is what I want. Now I just have to fix up the ldap so that
admin users have home directories on Homer 1 and the students home
directories are on Homer 2 and I"m set I think.

Just to be sure, I've started on the Samba by Example but it is 600+
pages. But wonderful pages they are.........;-)

--
ldb