[Techtalk] computer starts wrongly

Alvin Goats agoats at compuserve.com
Sat May 24 03:23:26 UTC 2008

I had some similar problems, then the real time clock started to act
up... try replacing your MB's battery. It does some micropower status
that is used by the power supply system to help indicate the front panel
switch condition (was it on or off) and other things including the real
time clock. With insufficient power, it can get confused about what the
state was and do things like you describe.

The batteries are only rated to last about 3 to 4 years, so it should be
time to replace yours.

The battery is the cheapest thing to check out, so I'd do it first
before going to far.

Hope this helps!

Alvin