[Techtalk] spell-checker for a programming editor

Laura nmi Michaels lauramic at tfn.net
Thu May 8 22:46:26 UTC 2008

Thought I'd just mention this for any SciTe (or other) programming editor
users on the list.  SciTE is currently my favorite programming editor.  I
occasionally see posts from people wanting to do spell-checking through
SciTE.  Since, I'm testing out a low resource DeLi Linux distro, I thought
doing some of my document editing in SciTE as opposed to a word processor
might be helpful.  Anyway, I put together a quick implementation of a spell-
checker that will work for SciTE or any programming editor that can handle
errors in the gnu C/C++ compiler suite's format.  If anyone's interested, I
have source code and pointers to the libraries needed to compile it at:
http://www.distasis.com/cpp/scitetip.htm#spell
It's Open Source and uses all Open Source libraries like aspell.  It's
offered as is.

Thought it might be helpful to other people working with programming editors
such as SciTE and I wanted to share the info.

Sincerely,
Laura