[Techtalk] Just for us girls: a new, another, Linux community.

Kaity G. B.; et. al. uberChick at uberChicGeekChick.Com
Thu May 8 06:04:27 UTC 2008

  **I just got finished with openSuSE's latest project meeting**

Short story long, or something like that.  I'm working on putting
together an official openSuSE Womens' community.  I've gotten the okay
to make our community's website to have the same look &feel as the rest
of openSuSE's many other websites.  This is assuming we can get PHP
turned on for our sub-domain, hopefully it'll be women.o.o.  I've built
the backend for our community's site in PHP, though I'm planning on
making a back end for it in C, because in order to make this project
truly scalable I'll need access to threading, something that PHP doesn't
do itself, it relies on Apache to be 'thread safe'.  I'm writing this
here first because I really wanted to share this with everyone.
*surpressing blog post* *wink*.  As well if any one wants to help out
with any part of starting this community, or if you'd just give openSuSE
a try &maybe help w/a review or anything.  Any level of intrest
&participation is extremely welcome.

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully; please take care,
Kaity G. B.; et. al.
         P.S.I wasn't sure which mailing list this fit into best, so
sorry for dbl posting.
P.P.S. I really am working on my websites:

    * http://Dystonia-DREAMS.Org/ <http://dystonia-dreams.org/>: support
      group for anyyone, like myself, who's thriving beyond living with
      Generalized Dystonia.
    * http://uberChicGeekChick.Com/ <http://uberchicgeekchick.com/>: My
      page &podcast about: art &self-expression through-->OSS->creating
      art(graphic design, animation, video, audio, &more).
    * http://uberChicks.Net/ <http://uberchicks.net/>: Highlighting
      womens' OSS contributions &projects.  Includes writings,
      interviews, &podcast.
    * http://openSuSE.uberChicks.Net/ <http://opensuse.uberchicks.net/>:
      openSuSE's official women community.
            @ irc://irc.opensuse.org/openSuSE-women &
            irc://irc.opensuse.org/openSuSE-uberChicks