[Techtalk] New OpenOffice bails out at 'Welcome to OpenOffice.org" screen

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Jun 30 20:07:05 UTC 2008

Hello, Wim,

Thanks for coming to my rescue again. see below.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:53:11 +0200
Wim wrote:

|> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Anne Wainwright
|> <anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
|> > I'm all out of ideas. None of the OOo utilities run, all behave as
|> > described. Maybe I must try removing and reinstalling again, but
|not > > tonight. What have I missed?
|>
|> If openoffice crashes it probably logs something to .xsession-errors,
|> try it again and have a look if you can't find anything more in
|there. >

The only thing that look odd (what would I know?) is a line repeated
many times:

Gtk Warning **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libsmooth.so"

|> Also, are there any settings of openoffice you want to keep? If not,
|> you might just solve it by remove the .openoffice directories in your
|> home, or moving them out of the way if you're not sure.

I renamed it temporarily but it made no difference   :(

Anne