[Techtalk] pon dsl-provider deprecated at boot up time

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:28:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Anne Wainwright
<anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
> Thank you, Wim.
>
> Still no luck, but ...
>
> Now although I had upgraded pppoeconf I had neglected to
> upgrade pppoe itself - which I have done and got a new dsl-provider
> file into the bargain. I then ran the new pppoeconf and have it all
> working again <wipes perspiration from brow>.
>
> I need a new readme as the old one is dated Sep 16 2003 and does not
> have the wording that you quote. I am not sure how to update this on its
> own. Unless you have a bright idea for me I'll look at this tomorrow.

This is just the Debian readme (README.Debian.gz) which is in unstable
that I was quoting. Debian readmes have a tendency of clarifying silly
stuff like this well. :-) The other manual to read in this case would
be man interfaces and the relevant ppp (not pppoe specific)
documentation I guess, but it's all quite dense. I could mail the
complete file to you if you want, or you can extract it out of the
package from packages.debian.org.

greets,
Wim