[Techtalk] pon dsl-provider deprecated at boot up time

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Jun 23 21:37:52 UTC 2008

Thank you, Wim.

Still no luck, but ...

Now although I had upgraded pppoeconf I had neglected to
upgrade pppoe itself - which I have done and got a new dsl-provider
file into the bargain. I then ran the new pppoeconf and have it all
working again <wipes perspiration from brow>.

I need a new readme as the old one is dated Sep 16 2003 and does not
have the wording that you quote. I am not sure how to update this on its
own. Unless you have a bright idea for me I'll look at this tomorrow.

Maybe with the new files it will work just as you say, but I'd like to
be able to read the full updated readme.

Thanks
Anne