[Techtalk] Multiseat(Multi-X) automating scripts.

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Mon Jun 16 08:56:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 09:27:09PM -0700 or thereabouts, Digital Era wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer, but tht is not what am looking for, am looking for
> solution where 10 users can use one PC and each user has his/her own
> keyboard/mouse/monitor but all connected to one PC, example is Desktop
> Multiplier(http://www2.userful.com/products/userful-multiplier) which is a
> commercial software. I know it can be done through editing xorg.conf and
> gdm.conf/custom.conf files, but like i said before, mapping 10
> keyboards,10 mice, 10 VGA card/monitors is not an easy thing especially
> for a first timer like me(i ave never done it before) That is why am
> looking for script/scripts to automate the said configs.

I can't help with the config but I'm just wondering why you want to go this
route rather than setting up as a thin client terminal server?  This can be
done either with old hardware for the client machines or with dedicated thin
client appliances.  Generally easier to set up and use though it would
require more power (to supply the client machines) and maybe more expense
(if you're getting appliances).  However, X has been able to do this stuff
for years and years now.

Conor
--
Conor Daly,
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

Ta an riomhphost seo, agus aon chomhad ata nasctha leis, faoi run agus is don te a seoladh chuige amhain e. Ma tharla go bhfuair tu an riomhphost seo tri dhearmad cuir in iul don te a sheol e led' thoil.

Ta an teachtaireacht riomhphoist seo scuabtha le bogearrai frithvireas.