[Techtalk] Lilo error message

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:36:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

Finally saw something I can add to this discussion.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Anne Wainwright
<anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
> Hi, Michelle,
>
> I have been sleeping on this one, read below.
>
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 21:52:04 +0200
> Michelle wrote:

> |> Mee toooooooooooooo...........

> |>          Potato
> |>          Pomme de Terre
> |>          Erdapfel
> |>          Kartoffel
>
>            Aartappel

Aardappel

> stranger and stranger, the item that i changed (added) was
>
> message=1 for linux or 3 for dos
>
> (idea was to give a prompt for the clueless slave working on that machine under Dos)
> (idea was to give a prompt without touching anything)

I snipped everything else but this probably doesn't work because the
message option doesn't expect a message but a file that contains a
message. The error that you get ("Fatal: open 1: No such file or
directory") is because it is trying to open the file named "1" (it
truncates everything after the space) and finds it is unable to open
it. If you make a text file /boot/message or something and put your
message in there, then add a line message=/boot/message it should
work.

greets,
Wim