[Techtalk] email via memory stick?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at freenet.de
Wed Jan 9 18:16:50 UTC 2008

Hi Anne,

Mybe you should download "smtp.exe"?  --  It is a DOS program programmed
AFAIK with DJGPP and Watt-32 (from Gisle Vanem).  With this you can
send the messages with

  smtp.exe -t <message>

where smtp.exe read all the data from the headers in the message and
deliver it accordenly...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Am 2008-01-09 14:50:32, schrieb Ian Balchin:
> Thanks, Michelle,
>
> Not sure how that will help me. The problem is that the email is to
> be created on a linux box (and moved) onto a memory stick then
> plugged into my win2000 office machine so it can be sent out there.
>
> A scan though RFC822 indicates that an email message is composed of a
> group of headers separated by a blank line from the body of the
> message (para 3.1) - no mention of a two-file format as I find in the
> Mercury server queue, and Mercury's web site does not indicate
> compatability with anything other than Win email clients in any case
>
> In my searches I have found that Pine is available for the windows
> platform so perhaps I might find sustenance in that direction.
>
> There must be some conformity somewhere as SMTP servers are going to
> want standardised input from clients.
>
> Regards
> Anne

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)