[Techtalk] email via memory stick?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Jan 4 21:13:54 UTC 2008

I don't know offhand how the Mercury Mailserver works, but just as a
note of encouragement I will say that it definitely should be
possible to do what you describe.  I'd guess that you can copy the
relevant files from your friend's slackware install to the memory
stick, then grab them on your box and push them into the queue. This
might involve just copying them into the relevant directory, but more
likely it'll mean sending the mails as arguments to some smtp
program.  Even if the formats are slightly different, it should be
possible to convert from one to the other since email itself is a
partially standardized format, so they're likely to be quite similar.

  Terri