[Techtalk] adventures in finding homes for old computer stuff

Alvin Goats agoats at compuserve.com
Sat Feb 16 06:02:14 UTC 2008

I know it's a bit late, work has been terrible!

However....

What do you have and how much would it cost to ship it?

The Dallas - Ft. Worth Unix Users Group is working with the local Native
American Indian community with setting up a computer classroom to teach
computer skills, math and science (they asked). Most in the DFW area
were part of the Relocation Act of 1950 or 1951, brought here for
indoctrination into white culture and trained for low paying, low
education jobs. They want to change all of that, but the schools aren't
much help.

Let me know and I'll pass it on to the group.

FYI, we're installing kubuntu and will be teaching Linux and FOSS software.

Alvin