[Techtalk] Root access on Ubuntu

Jennifer oneferna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 16:05:32 UTC 2008

Once you are logged in as yourself, open up a terminal
(Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and then
sudo bash
put in your user password.

Since it was the account created when you installed you should be able to
sudo to get a bash shell or sudo to run stuff, edit stuff, etc.

So now you have a root shell and you can just open /etc/hosts with your
editor of choice.
I'm a vim chic, so vim /etc/hosts

(I just realized this was to techtalk so you probably know at least 1/2 the
stuff I posted above...o well overkill is ok :)