[Techtalk] Silent Hardy Ubuntu

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Aug 31 20:16:29 UTC 2008

On Saturday 30 August 2008 19:49:40 Valerie David wrote:
> I have tried so very hard to refrain to asking for help here, but this
> problem has vexed me. It doesn't help that I'm operating at diminished
> capacity (personally) at the moment.
>
> My problem is that Ubuntu refuses to load the drivers for Sound
> Blaster Live - emu10k1
>
> The speakers work fine; the card works fine. I have tried the
> troubleshooting steps and the tips mentioned in the Ubuntu forum. I
> can't however remember everything I have tried. Diminished capacity.

I'm feeling a bit diminished-capacity myself :). If the sound card and
speakers work fine, what are you trying to fix? Or is it that you had them
working before, but not now?

Which version of ubuntu are you using? Have you tried 'modprobe emu10k1' as a
test to see if that fixes the problem? If it does, then we can look at making
it permanent, since that won't survive a restart.

cheers,
Carla

--
Carla Schroder