[Techtalk] Silent Hardy Ubuntu

Valerie David bearrfeet65 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 02:49:40 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have tried so very hard to refrain to asking for help here, but this
problem has vexed me. It doesn't help that I'm operating at diminished
capacity (personally) at the moment.

My problem is that Ubuntu refuses to load the drivers for Sound
Blaster Live - emu10k1

The speakers work fine; the card works fine. I have tried the
troubleshooting steps and the tips mentioned in the Ubuntu forum. I
can't however remember everything I have tried. Diminished capacity.
:(

Can some kind soul help? Pretty please with non-synthetic sugar on it?

Thank you