[Techtalk] o great audio geeks... USB a/d converters

Ricardo Dalceno rddalceno at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:03:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

At the ALSA Project site you may find the most valuable informations and
directions to very good projects on audio systems for Linux:
Editting, playing, recording, streaming, ...
I found some very good projects there like ZynAddSubFX, Rosegarden, Ardour
and Jack Audio Connection Kit.

If you want to find hardware that works fine on Linux, well, this will be a
more ditry job. Again, you may start at ALSA home page, then go to the
menufacturers pages listed there (pick some cards/manufacturer and go to
their web sites). I know that Turtle Beach is one of the Top 10 in Linux.
Creative, at the other side, was not so good because they dont release the
specs (I dont know if they are doing it now...) so we have to write drivers
using a "crystal ball" ...

Have fun,

Ricardo "j0k3r" Dalceno