[Techtalk] o great audio geeks... USB a/d converters

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Mon Aug 11 14:23:51 UTC 2008

At 10:09 AM 8/11/2008, Carla Schroder wrote:

>What's not clear is what I asked first- do they replace internal
>sound cards for recording? Or do you still need the sound card
>  when you record with these gadgets?

They replace the sound card, at least in my experience
with Presonus similar products. http://presonus.com but
they are Firewire. It should add a new audio source separate
from the sound card that you can choose in your recording
application.

Walt

-~

     There are more questions than answers--and the more I find out,
     the less I know.
                         Johnny Nash