[Techtalk] pc voltage

Kai MacTane kmactane at gothpunk.com
Tue Apr 8 21:53:49 UTC 2008

On 4/8/2008 11:56 AM, Maria McKinley wrote:
> Munin has been telling me that one of my computers is:
>
> WARNINGs: +3.3V is 3.28 (outside range [0.82:3.26])

Weird. It sounds like it's saying that the range for the voltage on your
+3.3V lead should be between 0.82 and 3.26, which is not what I'd expect
for the limits on such a range. Given a standard 10% allowable variance,
I'd think the limits should be 2.97 and 3.63.

Okay, that looks a little too wide, so maybe something like 3.2 and 3.4?

Either way, a range from 0.82 to 3.26 makes no sense to me, and 3.28 is
so close to the correct voltage that everything ought to be fine.

Maybe the detector's limits are configurable, and its configuration is a
little bit borked?

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"I hear the roar of a big machine,
  Two worlds and in between;