[Techtalk] pc voltage

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Apr 8 21:41:49 UTC 2008

It might be that you can fine-tune the configuration file to allow for
acceptable variations and get rid of unhelpful warnings. There are several
different watchdog chipsets, so with other monitors you sometimes need to
make tweaks to get the correct readings.

When I first started using lm-sensors it drove me nuts- I was
thinking "dammit, why can't you just tell me the correct ^&%#$!@
temperature?? I can do it with a fifty-cent thermometer, so what the heck is
your problem?" It's so typical of computers- so many things that are simple
in real life become impossibly complex and unreliable on computers. Huzzah
for technology!

Carla

--
Carla Schroder