[Techtalk] Thinkpad/Debian - T60p wireless...

Bethany Seeger seeger at prosensing.com
Tue Sep 18 21:23:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a similar problem to Trish.

I have a Thinkpad T60p and I can't seem to get the wireless working. It
has the Atheros Ntework Controller, versus an Intel device.

>From lspci:

03:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. Unknown device
0024 (rev 01)

But I'm not sure exactly what type. I don't seem to have the driver for
it, however I'm totally new to trying to get wireless working on a
laptop running Debian, so I could be just missing it.

I'm also not sure of how to configure it, once I do find the right
device driver...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bethany