[Techtalk] Mailman - Thunderbird question...

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Sep 14 16:10:01 UTC 2007

On 8-Sep-07, at 12:01 PM, Alvin Goats wrote:
> The mail system is Mailman 2.1.9, and we would like to strip the junk
> from the mail similar to how Thunderbird strips it for mailing to text
> only sites. We want to be able to do this for certain e-mail addresses
> in the members list which we use to determine who can mail to the
> closed
> lists. We'd also like to be able to do this to the jobs list as we
> manually load recruiters and HR people to those lists so they can post
> jobs as they're available.

I'm afraid I don't know of anything that already does this, but I
don't see any reason it wouldn't be possible to modify Mailman to do
it... the tricky part is probably just the logic of adding a field in
to the user data (since you want this on a per-user basis, you'll
need a setting) and doing the appropriate logic so it checks the user
before stripping.

  Terri