[Techtalk] thinkpad opinions wanted

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Sep 7 22:12:14 UTC 2007

On Thursday 06 September 2007 2:30:19 am Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-09-03 15:43:30, schrieb Michelle M:

I love the Tech-notes!

> Tech-Notes:

[...]
> Bluetooth			<= I hate it

Totally agree! The first thing I do on every dommed new Linux system is
de-activate Bluetooth. It's annoying that most distributions turn it on by
default. Way to open a big fat security hole for no good reason, doodz.

> Windows Fiasco Business		<= I get the TP without it

Aptly named! I wish I could ignore this too, but alas, I must remain familiar
with winduhs for my work. Oh well, I'll have fun getting paid to mock it,
anyway.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I ordered a shiny new T61 (14.1"
widescreen, 1G ram, 80G hard drive, etc) from Ebay for $840. Ha! How's that
for power shopping! I should have it early next week. Hopefully much gloating
to follow. I wanted the smaller screen because it fits better for computering
from bed. :)

There are nice deals in other brands, but I must have the Trackpoint. Don't
like trackpads, ew like skritching a blackboard.

Carla

--
Carla Schroder