[Techtalk] Resources about Technical Writing?

Robyn M rob_39 at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 28 12:08:08 UTC 2007

I've just looked at Jean Weber's website (listed below) and she is one
amazing lady. I've seen her posts on OpenOffice Authors but I didn't
know she'd done so much else.

To all you writers out there, well worth a look.

Robyn

Glen Strom wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:17:32 +1100
> Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
>
>> If this query isn't appropriate for this list, forgive me.
>> Basically, I was wondering if any of y'all could point me in the
>> direction of books/websites useful for someone moving into the
>> technical writing field.  Basically, my job description has changed at
>> work, I'm now officially a technical writer rather than a programmer.
>> I'm not flailing, because I know I'm good at writing and explaining
>> things clearly, but I'm sure there's a lot I could learn, if only I
>> knew where to look.
>>
> http://www.stc.org/index.asp (There may be a local STC chapter where
> you live.)
> http://jeanweber.com/newsite/
> http://www.techwr-l.com/
> http://www.soltys.ca/techcomm.html
> http://www.horton.com/html/bookintro.aspx (anything Horton writes is
> worth reading)
> http://www.geoff-hart.com/resources/bibliography.html (anything Geoff
> Hart writes is also worth reading)
> http://tc.eserver.org/
>

> --
> Glen Strom
> gstrom at teksavvy.com

"Mostly, it's serious fun for free software geeks, and
anyone else who believes that Linus' Law, "given enough eyeballs, all
bugs are shallow", is the path to better software" said Donna Benjamin,
Director of the linux.conf.au 2008 conference.