[Techtalk] Resources about Technical Writing?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Oct 28 12:40:55 UTC 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> If this query isn't appropriate for this list, forgive me.
> Basically, I was wondering if any of y'all could point me in the
> direction of books/websites useful for someone moving into the technical
> writing field.  Basically, my job description has changed at work, I'm
> now officially a technical writer rather than a programmer.  I'm not
> flailing, because I know I'm good at writing and explaining things
> clearly, but I'm sure there's a lot I could learn, if only I knew where
> to look.
>
> advTHANKSance
>
> Kathryn Andersen

I don't know anything at all about technical writing except from the
user end. But I do have a question for you. Are you writing for
"techies" or regular people? From my experience "techies" write for
"techies", not for the unwashed masses [ to which I belong ]. If your
writing to the masses please use the K.I.S.S. Principle.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh