[Techtalk] redirect php 404 errors

MK Hayes mk_hayes at charter.net
Wed Oct 24 11:38:13 UTC 2007

Hi Maria,

Search engines use a caching system, so when someone clicks on a link
from Google say, the first page they see may be Google's cached page and
not the one currently on your server. Then they click the links, . . . .
404. The problems should go away the next time your site gets indexed by
the major search engines. But this:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/topic.py?topic=8456

gives you more info on removing pages from Google.

MK