[Techtalk] multiple pdf's to single paginated pdf file?

Figaro ynegorp at charter.net
Fri May 18 18:30:06 UTC 2007

Quick question:
I have a bunch (600+) of scanned files that someone  before me saved as
.pdf (#####.pdf1. #####.pdf2, etc...).
They are good files, lots of valid information that should be saved but
I now would like to sort them out and save as a single .pdf documents
(say for instance Newsletter Issue 10, 11, etc..) whereby each
individual .pdf# is a page.
My question: Ideas for best way to do this?
Debian Unstable this is an MS free zone!
Thank you for any help and suggestions.
OR.. translation to HTML, for saving in Issue groups as above would be
an acceptable alternative. Or eps?
matthew