[Techtalk] App with dynamicliy loaded libs

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at freenet.de
Sat May 12 10:53:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

Now I write again, since two of my messages are missing on the list...

OK, I am coding a new client application (mail/calendar/webdav/...) and
for now it is working fine IF I USE a computer with enough resources!

Exactly, I run into trouble., if I have only a small P2/366 with 128MB
available.

Since I have splited my App into a "main" program and then parts for
"mail", "calendar", "webdav", ... I compile them naturaly alone and
link them together...  THIS IS WORKING since ages.

Now I want to change this and build instead a singel App one with libs
which then can loaded on request dynamic. I mean, I have a "preferences"
menu and if I disable "mail", the TAB (notebook in gtk) disapear and the
libmayapp-mail.so wil be unloaded...

Or if I call the program with

   myapp --mail

it will load only the "myapp" and the coresponding "libmyapp-mail.so".

My problem is, that I do not know, HOW TO DO it.

Can anyone help me to get this pig running?

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)